Dreamland

Dreamland

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Disney's Polynesian Resort

The influences of the islands span much further than the islands themselves.  In Orlando, Florida, there is Disney's Polynesian Resort.  The resort first opened it's doors in 1971.  They have a themed dinner "Ohana" which I remember attending when I was little.  ("Ohana" means family, by the way, and family means that no one is left behind.)  During the dinner, I remember there being an activity to the tune "The Tiki Room" which was enjoyable and the overall experience was tremendous.  On a later Disney World Trip, I was taken to their Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show.  While this several years ago as well, I remember that the fire torches were a really fascinating aspect of the show and it was the first time I had ever seen hula dancers.  I have to say Disney does an excellent job of taking the South Pacific way of life and bringing it closer to home.  Below is a little slideshow I put together of their resort.





     

1 comment: